Record Holder

So I've officially deemed myself the record holder for longest work shifts EVER! Get the last 72 hours, I've spent 49 of them working. That's 68% of my life for the last three days. Here's how it goes...on Thursday, Brooke Savage (18) had an orientation for college at SUU (southern Utah). SUU is about 3 hours away and the orientation was from 8am-5pm. Brooke got one college credit for attending the orientation so she had to stay all day in order to get the credit. Both of her parents wanted to go with her so they needed someone to be with the kids. Here's how the day went:

425 am: I leave the comfort of my bed.
4:35 am: Leave my apt for the Savage's house
5 am: Arrive at the Savage's
5am-630am: Attempt to fall back asleep on Savage's couch
6:30am-8:22am: Sleep peacefully on Savage's family room floor
8:22am-9:30am: Breakfast, get everyone ready for the day, drop off Lindsay at gymnastics
9:30am-10:00am: Take Rachel and Josh to "the yellow park"
10:00am-12:30pm: Swim in Savage's pool
12:30-Pick up Lindsay from gymnastics
12:30-1:00-Eat lunch; get Josh and Rachel ready for swim lessons
1:00: Drop off Josh and Rachel at swim lessons
1:00-2:00-swim in Savage's pool with Lindsay, Tyler, and Jamie
2:00-pick up Josh from swim lessons
2:00-3:00-swim again
3:00-go to Rachel's diving class; watch her dive for 15 minutes then bring her home
3:20-4:30: get everyone showered after swimming and ready to go to Jumpin Jacks (a bounce house place)
4:30-6:00: Jumpin Jacks
6:00-Stop at grocery store for food for dinner
6:15-6:30: Prepare dinner
6:30: Lindsay and I go to Hollywood video to rent Little Rascals while others stay home to finish dinner
7:00: Eat dinner (yummy burritos with avacado and chicken marinated in bbq sauce)
7:30: Start Little Rascals
8:40: Play "the soccer game" and a real soccer game in the Savage's gym
9:00: Jump on the trampoline and play "stuck in the mud" outside
9:15: Savage's come home
9:30: Head back home
9:55: Arrive home.

I know that was probably too much information but I just wanted you to get a peek at my 16.5 hour day nannying. The mothers are probably reading this thinking "get used to it...without pay."

Okay so then I get home from nannying, pretty much go straight to bed, then get up Friday morning at seven to go to work again (wasn't I just there?). I work until 4:40 then come home, pack real quick, and head off to our 24 hour shift at the Family Support and Treatment Center. I'm telling you...this is exhausting!

Our shift at the center went pretty well except that we had one boy brought by DCFS who cried almost the entire time. Thank goodness he slept through the night and took two naps. Whenever he was awake, he was screaming. We had him our entire shift along with his older sister (who was the opposite of him and was an angel!) So no free time at all during this shift but we did have a volunteer which helped a lot!

Tonight Thomas and I went to Outback Steakhouse as an early anniversary dinner since we won't be able to go out tomorrow. I've never been there before and it was pretty good. Thanks, Thomas! :]

1 comment

  1. Wow...what a crazy few days! Happy Anniversary!
    You've never been to Outback??!!??


I reply to all comments here on the blog - make sure you check the "notify me" box in the bottom right-hand corner of the comment box to be sure you receive notification when I've replied to your comment! xoxo


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Wallace House • Theme by Maira G.