Bedtime is hard...but post-bedtime is so cute

Monday, February 19, 2018

We had a rough go at bedtime tonight. Zoe missed her nap today which, by the way, remind me to never do again. Phillip was a hot mess because he didn't want to eat at dinnertime then 5 min before bed he was suddenly STARVING and couldn't fathom having to wait until breakfast. Luke was throwing himself on the floor screaming for who knows what reason. And then there was Jack...sweet, angel child Jack. Did his whole nighttime routine, helped Phillip say his nighttime prayer, made no protests to Zoe's requests that he read her bedtime story, climbed under his covers the minute I said it was bedtime. 

The jury is still out on Luke right now but Phillip & Zoe sure make life entertaining while Jack makes life sweet & easy. I guess it's a good balance ;)

We can't get over how cute Zoe is lately with all her "stuff" while she sleeps. She currently sleeps with her blanket lovey, her covers, her "other covers that mommy made for me" aka her quilt, her Bun Bun lovey, her unicorn, her giraffe, her glow worm, Jessie from Toy Story (newest addition) and anything else she can scavenge like Phillip's glow worm and Jack's Mr. Bunny. The whole gang (yes, THE WHOLE GANG or "all my stuff" as she calls it) travels with her in the middle of the night from her bed to ours when she makes the switch. Every. Single. Night. We wonder how many trips it takes her to get everything from Point A to Point B but we don't usually wake up until she has moved it all in and is asking for us to arrange all her stuff by her in our bed HA. She takes up about 25% of her bed and selflessly gives up the other 75% for her dollies. She also selflessly gives up a huge portion of our bed for said dollies. Because there is soooo much extra room with two adults + three kids. I end up at the bottom of the bed every night without fail. So glad those dollies are comfy in my spot. 

And then there's Phillip. We used to find him in bed wearing masks or costumes or holding a sword or light saber. It has been awhile since I've happened upon a scene like that but the other night I went in to check on them to find him protecting the dream world with his shield ;) I can't believe there was a day when I thought I'd be happy to have all girls. This little boy stuff is so dreamy.

Here's to hoping bedtime runs a little more smoothly in a couple days come the end of yet another busy season. How many more of these will we have to endure? Because, man, I am BEAT.

Zoe on Sunday

Jealous of my 2 year old's style & hair, NBD.

Photo dump - January/February

Sunday, February 18, 2018

I seriously love checking in on them and coming upon scenes like this :) 
She must have been in this position for 30 minutes just watching TV ha! I wasn't feeling well this morning (took two birth control pills the night before because I missed a day and I think it made me sick to my stomach!) so we spent the better part of the morning/early afternoon chilling in front of the TV ;)

This kid looooves whipped cream!

Children's museum!!

Sweetest scene

When mom makes you try on a bow for sizing!

She is just the cutest thing!

Zoe looooves Luke so so much. She gives him so many hugs and kisses and is so protective & possessive of him. She spent this entire Costco trip just giving him hugs and kisses. He tolerates her so well haha

Busy season vibes

See my little photo op set up in between all the legos? HA

My dad was so nice and came to watch the kids for a night while I snuck away to a girls calligraphy night at a friend's house! 
The kids love the shape grid we drew on the driveway!

Met up with my BFF Kallie for a very late bday dinner ha! 
School pick up & the cutest little girlfriend

Playing with grandma ;)

Starbucks date

Take 2

Half the time they get along great; the other half they are enemies.

I wish I could have gotten a better picture but this just shows you how far I have come in parenting (and learning to let go). Zoe is wearing mismatched shoes and Phillip is in his jammies (of course)...the best part is that this is at the super uppity dermatology office I had an appointment at HAHA. I'm sure people thought all the thoughts. 

Palladio Play

Thursday, February 8, 2018

I've been working on donation requests for Jack's school for the silent auction they have coming up. We had to stop by the Palladio before ninja class last week to pick up a donation from Color Me Mine. It took us way less time than I had anticipated so we had some time to kill before heading to the gym. Luckily there was a perfect (empty!!) area right in front of Color Me Mine where the kids could run around for awhile. They had so much fun playing tag and climbing up/jumping off a little ledge nearby. I spent the time trying to snap a picture of Zoe in the new Blair Bow from my site but she was on the m o v e and hard to catch ha!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Wallace House • Theme by Maira G.